1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did you watch the Day 1 of the NCAA tournament?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Mar 22, 2013.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

This is the first year I've ever had to mostly miss the first two rounds of the tournament going all the way back to high school.

We turned it into a tradition to ditch class and watch it in the A/V room, to the point where by senior year, teachers would just ask us to get them the scores.

When I worked at a weekly, Thursdays and Fridays were slow days anyway (I generally only worked four hours or so), so I was out by the time the games started, and I planned feature stories and previews for that week so I didn't have to cover any night games.

When I was working at a daily in Hawaii, games started at 7:30 a.m., so I spent most of the day watching hoops at an oceanside restaurant.

When I was at a daily in Connecticut, I had Thursday off anyway and didn't work until 6 p.m. on Friday, so I got to watch most of the games at home and the rest in the office.

This year, I had to settle for MM Live, which is really a great app, but I was really busy and didn't get to pay much attention.

2. joe

joe Active Member

Wife's out of town on business, so all I had to do was keep the daughter fed and reasonably bathed — and read to, and listened to an endless running dialog of the day, and singing, and playing Candyland, and keeping her fed — so basically I watched on and off till she went to bed at 8-ish, then beer and many, many games on four networks. That's my run-on sentence and my two favorite days of the sporting year.

Draft saved Draft deleted