1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How could I not see that!

Discussion in 'Design Discussion' started by Precious Roy, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Just finished the football tab for this season, spent almost two weeks fine-tuning, tweaking and fixing the thing.... Get it back from the press, and low and behold two of the pages are not right! :mad: Nobody's fault but my own, I don't know how many proofs the staff went over, but they didn't know what page things were on, that was my job. I am very pissed at myself, and just wanted to vent and seek absolution.

Rant over

2. YankeessSuck

YankeessSuck Member

We've all been there. Especially when you have something as big as a football tab to wade through. You go over it so much your eyes begin to cross. The bad thing is, it won't be the last time it happens.

3. clarkington

clarkington Member

Man, did the centerpiece for our tab. Three writers, my boss and who knows who else had looked at the thing. And no one caught that I had mis-hyphenated one of our schools. I started checking them as a last check and caught it. Man was I happy.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

We started the 2003 (I think) tab rolling on the press and realized there was a blank (!) half-page inside.

Yikes.

They were nice enough to stop and let us fix it.

Needless to say, we adopted new page-tracking methods after that.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'd rather have some random typo than sweaty pits on my sports front. :D

[​IMG]

6. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Agree, not cool

7. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

shit happens.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

It always helps to have another set of eyes looking at things. It's a good idea to have a system in place so more than one person gets to see these things before they go to press.
    Sometimes because you know what should be there, you tend to miss your own mistakes no matter how hard you look.

Draft saved Draft deleted