1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How cool is your NCAA-participating school?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Mar 18, 2013.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Oklahoma's was a nice choice.

JMU? Just terrible. An absolute disgrace!

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Bing Crosby only gets you in the middle of the pack?

3. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Also, as big a Sons of Anarchy fan as I am, Bob Dylan went to Minnesota, however briefly. I think he wins.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Wasn't Bing a Daddy Dearest?

I dropped my pants, pulled down my undershorts and bent over. Then he went at it with the belt dotted with metal studs he kept reserved for the occasion. Quite dispassionately, without the least display of emotion or loss of self-control, he whacked away until he drew the first drop of blood, and then he stopped. It normally took between twelve and fifteen strokes. I counted them off one by one and hoped I would bleed early. To keep my mind off the hurt, I would conjure up different schemes to get back at him, ways to murder him.
    —Gary Crosby, Going My Own Way, 1983

When the word arrived from Spain, that day in October 1977, Gary Crosby was playing tennis at a Los Angeles club. "One of the ladies came to the back gate," he recalls. "I could see she was crying. She said, 'I'm sorry to be the one to tell you, but your father just passed away.' " Pausing for only that moment, Gary Crosby then continued his game. "I thought, 'Am I supposed to act like I loved him all my life?' " At the funeral, Gary looked down at the body and said, "Well, now you're in a place where you can understand it all."

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20084544,00.html

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

She needs to caption that picture with what her boyfriend can do to those, though.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

PLEASE remember to LINK pictures. I like looking at them, too, but not at work.

Thank you

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Interesting that Bucknell has a reputation as a very WASPY school, yet it's most accomplished alumn is a Jewish writer, Phillip Roth.

Can't get much cooler than Roth, who makes Kerouac look like Art Linkletter.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

GWAR is the best one.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Graduation Wins Above Replacement?

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't VCU's rep be the dead Belushi? Didn't he go there for a semester or some such?

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Faber.

12. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

Apparently, they think that Sandy Koufax was cooler than the Big O.

If they included professors, Neil Armstrong would be the coolest by a long shot.

Draft saved Draft deleted