1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How close (or far) do you live from where you were born?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Jan 6, 2009.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I live 35 miles from where I grew up.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I live 1,753 miles from my parents and 2,009 miles from where I grew up.

3. Couldn't find an exact number, but roughly 4,000.

I was born in Augsburg, Germany on an Army base and I currently reside in Pennsylvania.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

For me: 0 miles from my mom, 25 from my dad and 2 miles from my old high school.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

It is currently 1,231 miles.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

2,719 miles from where I was born, sez Teh Google.

2,218 miles from where I grew up/graduated high school/parents live. Needless to say, I can only make it back about once a year. Only part that sucks about living on the other coast is that nobody in my family has come out to visit, in the 3.5 years I've been here. Other than that, I'm at home here more than anywhere else.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

20 from where i grew up. way too close to my parents.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

According to Google maps, I live 400 metres away from the hospital where I was born. That's what, a quarter-mile?

This is also the same neighbourhood where I lived while growing up.

The furthest away I've lived from my hometown - 13 km, or roughly eight miles.

I suck. :-\

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

According to Mapquest, my office is 2,661 miles from Olean (N.Y.) General Hospital, where the Micro Man debuted many, many moons ago. And since I grew up about 60 miles from Olean after moving at 2 years of age, the distance won't change much if I measured from my hometown.

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

5,016 miles.

11. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Right now, about 4 1/2 hours.

Born in Missouri, I have lived in southern California, Orlando and Oregon. So I've basically been everywhere but New England. My wife refuses to discuss New England. Too cold and snowy for her.

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

91 miles from where I popped out, 328 from where I grew up (or at least spent most of my childhood).

Draft saved Draft deleted