1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Can We Ever Listen To Suzyn Waldman Again?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

J'recuse!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

We've done this here before, but as good as he may be in other places, Steiner was brutal in NY. No better than Waldman and far worse than Kay.

4. Maybe she'll go back to using "Susan."

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Could it be that Steiner was set up to fail in New York?

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I have no idea. If he was, it worked. I've never heard PBP that unprepared, disinterested & uninsightful. & I've heard some bad ones.

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I liked him, but I'm not a Yankees fan, though I used to listen whenever driving from games at night. I'm not really that familiar with the ones who came before him, so it might just be that I liked him while he was at ESPN and I looked past some of his imperfections in the booth. Still, miles better than Suzyn, who now even though I have XM, I can't stand to listen to Yankees games anymore.

8. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

The Yenta demographic?

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Sterling hated Steiner's guts, virtually from the get-go, and did everything he could to sabotage him. And since George III loves Sterling (blithely overlooking his endless inaccuracies), you knew how that was going to turn out.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

What does that mean?
    Do we have a Jerry/Geraldo Rivera issue here?

Draft saved Draft deleted