1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can Hillary survive?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Read it again Fenian. Ritters case was left open for 6 months to insure there wasn't another "episode". It was a plea bargain.

You toss out slurs like chickenhawk but defend a sexual predator like Ritter? Have you no ethical compass at all? Or do you merely merit a person solely on party affiliation?

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

not to threadjack too much but i'm sick of the whining about how this whole thing is too much too soon. the candidates are running for their party nominations. the nominations will be secured by this time next year, give or take a couple of weeks. ok the primary process is flawed and it might be nice to move all primaries to june or july but if you want to be president, you need to be running now.

3. I did, and you're wrong.
    The case udner which Ritter was charged was over at the time of the ACOD. Anything that happened afterwards -- which is nothing, by the way, contrary to the empirical studies that show that sexual predators CAN'T stop -- would be a new case, a new charge, and that would be informed legally by the previous proceedings. (A waiver of the prohibition of the introduction of "prior bad acts" by the prosecution. That's what Ritter's defense bargained away for this finding, I'm guessing, since the case is supposed to be sealed.) A "continuance without a finding" means the original case is still open.
    I call chickenhawks chickenhawks because that's what they are. You are free to dismiss anyone, or to call whatever names you choose. (Sure would like to know how this sealed agreement came to light just in the nick of time during the phony run-up to the ongoing clusterfuck. I stopped believing in coincidences a long time ago with this crowd.) God bless America.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Lamar: What's so difficult to understand about the plan? We get the job done, then we come home. Plan B, says Liebermann, will work given time. Democraps are wanting to get out, cut their losses now, then blame the Republicans for losing the war. They haven't developed a winning anything. They're like parasites, feeding off the momentum of terrorist attacks only, and I mean ONLY, to further their political lives. These people ought to be lined up in front of a firing squad for treason. They're the furthest things from leaders this country knows.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not attempting to feed a troll here, but I think it's worth asking of everything.

What, praytell, do we consider victory in Iraq? Do we really think the U.S. will succeed in damping down raging anger felt by some of the more violent Islamic fundamentalists? That we'll succeed where every other side has failed?

What is success? Killing every radical fundamentalist without any more being created along the way? Seriously. What is success in Iraq?

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

They're creating security now instead of training. Leave the training to the Iraqi army now and keep everything else stable. Then get out and let the bastards WHO HATE US kill each other.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This just has to be preserved in all its retarded splendor.

The psychotic break from reality is truly complete. The use of "Democraps" is magnificent.

But the true beauty is that "We get the job done, then we come home."

Now genius, what's the job?

Anybody who hates you cannot be beyond redemption, Yawn.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

So your way is to walk away from them because they hate us and let them solidify a spot to foster a republic of hate that eventually pushes Israel into the sea.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Yes.

I want us to leave Iraq because I hate Jews.

You've finally found me out. Congratulations.

Up the dosage.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Which one is it, Yawn?

And why go to the trouble of letting 3,200 of our own troops die if it's all about them killing each other? I thought this was about protecting America?

Can we at least agree on the mission and the end result we're seeking before we start asking for solutions?

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Florists on alert: Zeke's order for the Peace Initiative is coming...the idea of course, to send flowers and cards and sing Kum-ba-yah to our enemies in an attempt to get them to love us.

Let's see. Russia left Afghanistan and it was one of the pieces that led to the fall of the Soviet Union. Meanwhile, the Islamic dominated southern Republics started kicking up a bitch of a problem for Putin. You think those people love the Russians for backing down?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Where are the guys in white coats when you need them?

Draft saved Draft deleted