1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How bad would bad have to get before you went to war against your own country?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I wasn't saying I'm leaving.

I meant I just need to accept that my posts are frequently going to be taken for me being oversensitive or me needing to take my "meds," even if that's not necessarily the case.

"Give up" = No reason to try to fight it any more. I am much better at real life than I am at the Internet.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'd go to war to save my username.

3. printdust

printdust New Member

Well this WAS a serious hypothetical question, which par for the course, some scoffed at. Which probably happens the day the middle class is forced into the neighborhood just to the south of them.
    Most of you guys, I suspect, will lap up the "statements" made that "all is well." Kind of like what Assad threw Barbara Walters' way in that whopping exclusive.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

There's a lot of people who share your views who have gone to war with their country. Timothy McVeigh, Joseph Stack, Anders Behring Breivik just to name a few.

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Dick, honest question..would you say the things you do to people here out on the board and on PM to people in real life? In the same manner and tone? Is the persona we see on this board who you are and how you conduct yourself away from here?

6. RickStain

Man, when Sharia law is imposed, won't we have egg on our faces for all the jokes made in this thread. That'll show us.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah that's comin' any day now. Allahoo ackbar! IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You want a serious hypothetical discussion? Fine.

It'll never happen. Despite what the preppers and survivalists and RAHOWA fetishizers think, it will not happen.

Most Americans are too damned lazy to vote, yet you think they'll raise up arms? GTFO.

Now maybe if the entire infrastructure collapses, it might happen. But until there's no more NFL or American Idol or Internet and the supermarkets are empty and there's no electricity and no gasoline, then it ain't happening.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

The annual BCS debate sparks more discussion than the GOP primary.

10. NDub

NDub Guest

I've never seen that show, but is that how it went down? That sounds like a neat concept.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

On the other hand, when Sharia law is imposed, Tebow won't be allowed to start for any NFL teams.

12. RickStain

I had no idea Islam was so honorable.

Draft saved Draft deleted