1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How bad would bad have to get before you went to war against your own country?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Dec 8, 2011.

1. NDub

NDub Guest

I don't think I'd "go to war" against my own country, per say, but I think if it reached a point of police state and authoritarian rule, then I'd do what it took to survive.

I'd bet there would be plenty of "freedom fighters" and militias, though.

Lots of citizens have begun arming themselves. Gun sales are at record highs.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'll say this, it sure seems like the country has become like a Don King fight with two sides beating the hell out of each other and Don King making money (and appearing arm in arm with "the champ" no matter who wins).
    And "Don King" isn't one party or the other, "he" isn't any particular person -it's just a sense that while people are busting their ass and often causing grave damage to their health, there are people who play us for suckers and win either way.
    Only in America.

3. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Boise State getting in the BCS championship game. That'll do it.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He wrote it for Skynyrd to record? I'd never heard that.

And, I think Neil is pretty hard to nail down politically. Probably more left than right, but I don't think he's a by the book liberal.

Well, and neither are you.

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

And Yawn/Scribe/Printdust shows his incredible ignorance and stupidity once again. I can't believe (some) people here are taking this thread somewhat seriously.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Two more Tim Tebow wins oughta do it.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

There have been some serious responses, yes, but the funny ones have made it a worthwhile thread.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

There are these things called elections that make going to war against your own country unnecessary.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Where???

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

printdust is too chickenshit to admit he'd commit treason, so he opens it up to the group.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I got mine when he left it under my car's wiper blades at the mall parking lot.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This thread's OK, but the Tea Party one asking a serious question was not - locked after two posts?

Okaaaaaaaaaaay.

Draft saved Draft deleted