1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How bad would bad have to get before you went to war against your own country?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Dec 8, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It sure seems headed that way?

Pure idiocy.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Did you not hear, man?

Gays.

In the freaking military.

The military!

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm a coward, so they'd pretty much have to leave me with no choice whatsoever.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Sweet. Sounds like Printdust is going to lead the 99% into battle. I'll ready a fleet of fishing boats to take Cos Cob harbor by dark of night.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

And Boom will be waiting for you at the top of the hill, with Neil Young's Powderfinger playing in his head:

Look out, Mama,
    there's a white boat
    comin' up the river
    With a big red beacon,
    and a flag,
    and a man on the rail

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Awesome. But we're going claim Neil and his music for our side. He wrote that for Lynyrd Skynyrd just before the plane crash. Pretty sure he's evoking Coast Guard cutters enforcing prohibition.

Better get John because it don't look he he's here to deliver the mail.

But back to the battle. I'm going to request for a slight delay from Admiral Printdust because we're approaching a full moon.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

For me, all it would take is six more Moooooslims entering this country. Maybe seven. But no more than eight for sure. I'll definitely take up arms if eight come in.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

More than eight or eight? I've got dinner plans, and I need to know if I'm gonna have to take up arms tonight!

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

No more than eight! Eight is the definite limit! If eight come in and nothing good is on TV than I will revolt. But I'll revolt no matter what if more than eight come in.

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

What if Eight is Enough is on TV?

11. It sure seems headed that way?

The people in Egypt, Libya and Syria would beg to differ.

12. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Calls for revolution from those in printdust's sector of the political universe are amusing. The second the police start pepper-spraying everyone in sight, the printdusts in our midst would be shouting for more, more, more.

Draft saved Draft deleted