1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are you going to spend your stimulus money?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's a good one.

2. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

He's probably buying pot.

I've stopped using delivery platforms -- door dash, Uber eats, postmates -- because of the exorbitant costs for food delivery nowadays. Either I try to pick up directly from the restaurant, order from a place that does its own delivery or make my own food.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oh, these tips are for people who do curbside delivery, too. Our local pizza place doesn't take credit cards, so I duke them. If they take credit cards, it's easy to just add it on.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

nice

5. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I mean. Tip the restaurant. But fuck the platforms.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Those delivery platforms take a huge chunk of the revenue from any food sale. If you really want to help the restaurant, call them directly to order. A lot in our area have their own delivery people working, so you can avoid Grubhub/EatStreet/Uber Eats, etc.

Severian and Neutral Corner like this.
  7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

And always tip cash when possible.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Some of it will be invested in finding Crown Royal Peach

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I haven't had cash in a month. Many restaurants are not taking cash at all right now. Credit/debit card only, paid online or over the phone before you show up.

wicked and Donny in his element like this.
  10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Right. “Contactless payment” is one of the buzzwords of the Quarantine Era, and will be one of the good things that emerges when we are past it.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Just talking about local delivery people. Shipt. Instacart. Peapod. Local restaurant. Pizzeria. Etc. Leave a little something something in an envelope on the welcome mat.

The tip you include with the electronic credit/debit payment is often split with the company.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

We use Shipt a fair amount. I always hit the driver with some cash. They're taking the shopping risk for me, that's the least I can do.

Draft saved Draft deleted