1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

how about this headline?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HoopsMcCann, Aug 16, 2006.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

2. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

3. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

fine by me, too. actually, i prefer it that way.

4. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Wow. That's one of the funniest I've read in a long time.

No way this is unintentional, unless said hed writer left his basic grammatical skills at home.

Moving inside, heading inside, going inside, switching inside.

5. North61

North61 Member

Come in? come on!

6. BH33

BH33 Member

I like this one, even though it came from a fantasy baseball site, and wasn't printed in a paper:

"Hardy likes it in the two-hole"

Hardy, J.J. SS MIL
    News: Shortstop J.J. Hardy likes the No. 2 spot in the order. "I usually batted second or third in the minors," he told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "I like (hitting second). I think there will be more chances of hitting and running in that spot, which I don't mind at all. I do not like batting eighth, but I do like hitting in the 2-hole. They pitch to you more up there." Analysis: Hardy, .302 in 96 at-bats as a No. 2 hitter last year and .232 in 211 at-bats in the No. 8 spot, is a good breakout candidate. "He's a little more of a situational hitter," manager Ned Yost told the paper. "You can ask him to do certain things, like hit and run. Batting second takes away from Rickie's game a little. We think he's going to be a run-producer. We want to give him more opportunities to drive in runs." Hardy's great second half (.303 AVG, .363 OBP, .503 SLUG) and his promotion to the two-hole are two very good reasons to consider him a strong sophomore sleeper this season. Consider him a solid option in deeper mixed leagues now.

7. Pi

Pi Member

A toast for this headline.

To honor:
    Get on her,
    Stay on her,
    and if you can't come in her,
    come on her.

Really. That's almost like a joke headline someone put in to hold space and -- ooops -- it made it out. How cute.

8. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Man, the Dispatch is on a roll this week.

On Wednesday, the dominate photo on A1 had this cutline:
    "Jeanette Maki, left, and her niece Laruen Dains, 5, stroke balls on the practice putting green while her husband, Karl Maki, helps nephew Connor Dains, 3, at the Pinnacle Golf Club's open house in Grove City."

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sounds like someone on that desk needs to get laid.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

or stroke their balls more often.

Draft saved Draft deleted