1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Houston Chronicle's new online sex columnist

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by finishthehat, Apr 2, 2009.

1. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

"I'm a huge slut...When it comes to fucking, practice really does make perfect."

The journalism crisis has been solved!!!!

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2009/04/the_chronicle_gets_slutty.php

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Check the date at the top of the blog.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Big deal. Lots of guys here on SportsJournalists.com have tons of hands-on sexual experience.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

True. But I think her hands have actually been on people other than herself.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Oh.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I would have pegged the Arizona Republic for this.

7. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Nah, it's not an April Fool's joke. It's part of a new blog portal (or whatever they're called) they are rolling out. Entertainment, restaurants, clubs, etc.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Slut? The Chronicle will get a lot of attention. Hit on all the time. But then, eventually, it won't get any respect. The boys will only call when they're horny, and eventually not at all. They'll move on, and there'll be a lot of whispering behind her back, and her reputation will be shot. Self-respect will be all but gone. Sad.

The Chronicle will get a job at the Colorado and strip its way through med school, then write a book about it and go on Oprah.

Mark my words.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh, that's so cliche

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What I like about the Chronicle is that it's an easy read.

11. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Well, our local MomsLikeMe site recently had a huge thread on oral sex and the proper techniques. It got pretty racy and many moms ended up leaving the site because of it. For a couple of women, it got really graphic, right down to describing their husband's genitalia (length, girth, curvature). Some were very flattering, others weren't. I can't imagine being married to those women knowing they just put all your junk (pun intended) on a website that's not all that anonymous.

But the thread wasn't taken down, in fact they started teasing to it. I guess when you're desperate for page views, you'll scrape the bottom of the barrel.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So they were performing oral sex for their husbands? ... Yeah, right.

Draft saved Draft deleted