1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Houston Chronicle

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Bearkat21, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Fran, God bless him, had no defined role and was still making columnist money. Those are the types of people who are targeted in these hatchet jobs.

2. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown Member

Still, the guy was a pro's pro. Damnit.

3. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Oh, no question. I'm not justifying it at all.

4. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown Member

I know. Wasn't arguing. Just, damnit.

5. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Well, #@;+!

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

let me echo: fran?! holy eff. he was the rockets beat guy in '82-83, the season i covered the nba. was a legend-in-the-making then. holy effin' spit. :eek: :eek: :eek:

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

In business, a former co-worker who moved to the Chron and the Continental Airlines beat also axed.

8. Faour

Faour New Member

I worked with almost all of those folks during my time at the Chron, and all I can say is what a sad business it has become if there is no place for some of the people on that list. Wishing the best for all of them in the future, and to all of you who are still doing great work despite the chaos in the biz.
    Fred Faour

9. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

Seriously, are they not covering their local colleges? They've axed their Rice, UH and TSU beat guys.

10. Bearkat21

Bearkat21 New Member

Sooooo this means the Chronicle is pro sports only?????

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I would assume they will get their UT and A&M coverage from San Antonio. As far as the local colleges? I have no idea.

12. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

Any editors lost in the purge?

Draft saved Draft deleted