1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Houston Chronicle has a new baseball beat writer

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by silvercharm, Sep 25, 2012.

1. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Where is Levine going?

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Sounds like the Boston Red Sox.

3. writingump

writingump Member

I'm guessing he didn't get silvercharm fired like he did me. Not to mention that former co-workers of mine were called on the carpet after I was asked to leave because they dared to make a noise while he was working on a story. And that other writers from other newspapers in the region knew what had happened before I saw them after my firing.
    Simply put, they had no respect for him and what he did. Hopefully, he's changed his ways.

4. WG, As someone who has no idea what you're talking about, here's what I say: If you're going to bring it, bring it hard.

We want all the freaking details. You've basically called him out. Let's get the details so we can decide for ourselves.

(sits back and eats popcorn)

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Accomplishes nothing. One person's experience. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm sorry anyone had to go through that and I suppose there are instances in every industry where two people don't get along. But there are at least two sides to every story and to air some dirty laundry in the court of public opinion (on a forum like this no less) with only one side present serves absolutely nothing other than to allow the one party to vent.

Draft saved Draft deleted