1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Houston / Arlington Advice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Layman, Apr 1, 2015.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You might have had a coupon or something. They do TONS of deals, so with a bit of diligence you might could get in there for that.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Oh, and I just remembered this ... If you go to the stockyards rodeo (or eat at Joe T.'s) ... they're cash only. They do have an ATM handy, though.

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

For Houston:
    If you're looking for food and drinks, Midtown is a good area. Parking's more of a pain here than it is in pretty much the rest of the city. But has a bunch of good food/bars within walking distance of one another. If you're looking for a place to park, walk around, and just pick a restaurant and a couple bars that suit you, that's a good place to start. If you were looking to punch something into your GPS for "where's midtown?" Go with the intersection of Grey and Bagby, and look for parking from there (either a garage on Bagby, or you can usually find street parking a few blocks away on Hadley St.). If you're doing lunch, fairly close to that area is Langford Grocery, a funky place with good burgers (Address: 88 Dennis St, Houston, TX 77006)

If I had one night in Houston I'd probably go to Goode Company BBQ on Kirby Drive, and then hop across the street to the Armadillo Palace for drinks.

There's another good BBQ joint, Luling City Market, fairly close to the Galleria (big mall), that's worth checking out. (4726 Richmond Ave, Houston, TX 77027). This place was my go-to spot, since it was like 3 minutes form my apartment. The brisket and sausages are all top-shelf.

I'm also a fan of Teala's (My money for best churros and margaritas in town. Though I haven't sampled every margarita):
    Address: 3210 W Dallas St, Houston, TX 77019

Rice Village is another fun area of town. Like midtown, you have a lot of walking around options. I'd suggest checking out The Chocolate Bar: Address: 2521 University Blvd

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

5. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Arlington is awful.

In Houston I like Guadalajara del Centro (Mexican, downtown) and Okra (a cool bar).

I go both places a lot.

Draft saved Draft deleted