1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Houseboy Brooks, Ignoring Obvious Relevant Facts, Again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ben_Hecht, Jun 24, 2008.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Yep, tony, you got me.

I've been investing in defeat -- putting all of my money in the Bush administration and the Republican Party. Every damn penny.

It's a safer bet than the ACC choking at the College World Series.

I've become a very rich man.

You still got nothing. You'll always have nothing.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

After this election, Jimmy the Clown can live his private life as he wants to.

After this election, I'll be able to live my private life as I want to.

Only people who won't be happy are the busybodies who want to dictate social mores to everyone.

Those folks can suck rocks.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

The surge isn't working, but "The surge is working" is working.

As a short sound bite, it's brilliant, and it's working. People believe it. It's easier to say (and digest) "the surge is working" than a 94-page GAO report.

Which is why the side of "It's morning in America" and "a thousand points of light" and "read my lips" and "mission accomplished" and "in the form of a mushroom cloud" and "the surge is working" is always going to win more cheap points and hearts and simple minds than the side that knows life is complex and full of gray areas and not always able to be condensed into eight words or less.

4. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

This is the same Cohen that said Bill Clinton was the Antichrist for the Marc Rich pardon, yet back in '91 said that Bush I's Iran-Contra pardon of Caspar Weinberger was OK because he had ran into Weinberger a couple of times at a Washington Safeway, so they were grocery shopping "buddies."

Tool.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Cohen, Sally Quinn, etc., etc., etc.

Washington syncophancy is pathetic, endless, and damn hard to fully extinguish.

Draft saved Draft deleted