1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hotty Toddy It's Turn Back The Clock Week at Ole Miss.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Nov 8, 2012.

1. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Reminds me of that old SNL skit, the 1992 Presidential Debate with the late/great Phil Hartman as Bill Clinton.

"Arkansas has made great strides fighting illiteracy, and we've passed Mississippi, so look out Alabama, we're right up on your tail!"

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Parts of it are. On most days, Oxford and Ole Miss' campus are glorious. On most days, I'm a proud alum — most.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Maker's Mark not Crown.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The coach walked the tightrope pretty well, but he did make one claim that bears checking. Did this sort of thing -- racial epithets directed at POTUS -- really occur on other campuses? I haven't seen that, but I may have missed it.

5. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

Hattiesburg in June are pretty fucking magical. Especially on top of the dorm buildings.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He's definintely wrong about that. We all know that every single racist college student in America attends Ole Miss...

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm not claiming racism is the exclusive province of Ole Miss or whatever that place wants to call itself. I'm saying that I'd like to know if there are any known incidents of such public displays of contempt at any other school. Because that's what Freeze was saying: That the world knows of several others and that they haven't been publicized. It's pretty well established that you can't do that sort of thing (public protest, yelling epithets) for any longer than 30 seconds without somebody capturing the moment for posterity.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Pics or GTFO.

9. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

If only I had a cell phone with a camera in those days... Jeebus, life as a 15-year-old was fantastic.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Insert pickle in tuna sandwich joke here.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

When I covered a game in Hattiesburg several years back the thing that struck me was every alum there had an insanely hot wife. The called the stadium the Rock. I think of it as Milf Island.

Mississippi is such an interesting state. It simultaneously represents the best and worst of this country.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted