1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hotel boredom

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, May 9, 2008.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I really don't know. My roomie was looking for a plug behind the nightstand and boom, there it was. Seeing as the night stand was right next to my bed, it kinda grossed me out. The thing had probably been there for a year.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

BYH, my live blogging brother, with every passing song, I thought of the live blog.

When Christopher Cross came on with some insipid song, I thought to myself, "Chris, Toto called, they want their annoying synthesizer back."

Or when Electric Avenue came on, I tried to think how I would project my joy in written form.

Or when Casey translated the chorus of Mr. Roboto into English, what possibilities it would have created?

Or when Casey revealed that the Mr. Roboto album was recorded entirely with solar power, the thought that the aliens from Plan 9 From Outer Space's plan for solar energy was better for mankind than a Styx album.

:'(

3. amraeder

Did you guys liveblog AT40 on here one time? Did I miss that somehow? (I could have seeing as it took me a minute after reading the first mention in this thread to figure out what AT40 was)

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

HA!!!! I heard that Sunday! I was pulling into a gas station and it was on. I kept it on until the end of Mr. Roboto, and I laughed out loud when Casey translated it for us.

Sergio Mendes was there too, even though he didn't actually sing a goddamn note on the song.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It couldn't get to the other side?

6. Bubbler

HBO is the only pay channel. Of course, I have C-SPAN's 1 through 99. The fucking Vermont House Of Lords do prattle on.

7. amraeder

When I saw it I figured this quy was in the room before me.

[​IMG]

[/aquateen]

8. amraeder

SPOILER ALERT:

The motion to table fails.

END SPOILER ALERT

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

10. Bubbler

I own a Sergio Mendes album. There. I said it. Look Around.

Brasil '66 makes me happy.

There were some surprises in that countdown. For example, there was a Barry Manilow song that just screamed relevance stab, as in, the music scene has passed me by and here's my lame-ass attempt to stay up to date. But as relevance stabs go, it wasn't bad. I mean, it was still Manilow, but it was Manilow via Rick Springfield. It wasn't terrible.

Nor was the Carlene Carter song I'd never heard before.

And Naked Eyes' Always Something There To Remind Me was in it. Love that song.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Asshole. I have that on my Tivo and was waiting to watch it this weekend.

12. amraeder

My bad. I did give the spoiler alert ... but I'll keep mum on the motion to amend Resolution #342 to include an exemption for pig genitalia.

EDIT: OK, I admit, I pretty much had only one good parliamentary procedure joke. I'm clutching at straws now.

Draft saved Draft deleted