1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hostel: Part II

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Just saw it...

All I have to say is Holy Fucking Shit...

2. BRoth

BRoth Member

I've seen all the Saw movies and watched the first Hostel online (mostly because I didn't want to pay to see that kind of stuff) and aside from the horrible torture, there really wasn't much else there. I've always loved horror movies, but those are a special kind of breed.

This was easily Eli Roth's best work:

3. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

I honestly cannot fathom the kind of sensibility that would voluntarily watch stylized depictions of torture.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

When did snuff films go mainstream? Why?

5. Mizzougrad96

I think we've been de-sensitized to the point that it takes a movie like Saw or Hostel to really scare us anymore...

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Saw Hostel last week so I could go see Hostel II in the theater.

So, Part II that good? :)

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Little clarity, sir.

Your call here (we are pretty damned close in our TV/movie entertainment tastes) may determine whether I give even a second thought to going to this.

8. Mizzougrad96

It's more violent and the ending will have jaws on the floor... I thought the first one was scarier only because I had no idea it was going to get that violent and graphic...

I can watch the chainsaw scene in Scarface or the ear scene in Reservoir Dogs without blinking, but I had to look away from the screen more than once...

9. I thought the first one was absolute crap. Take out the torture, and you've got a terrible, terrible movie. Even the torture was just poorly done, I thought. Poor effects and really, I didn't find it all that cringe-worthy.
    I'll take the Saw films over at least the first Hostel any day.

10. Mizzougrad96

It's the kind of movie that's tough to recommend...

I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. It scared the shit out of me. It disturbed the hell out of me. My friends and I who went to the premiere last night can't stop talking about it...

Take that for what it's worth...

11. Mizzougrad96

I'll be curious how this movie does against Oceans 13 this weekend...

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

I have a thing about seeing anything that involves Quentin Tarantino....

That said.......is it any more graphic than Saw?

Draft saved Draft deleted