1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Horrific Poker Bad Beat

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm interested, but I'm a little hung up the next two weeks.
    If anyone wants to plays a Tuesday or Wednesday night game after that, I'm in. Just this week and next are bad.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

My days off fluxuate so Wednesday's would work some weeks but not others unless it's really late. To be clear, this would be on pokerstars.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I play at Full Tilt, but I'd open account at PokerStars.
    This week I'm chaperoning a group of Chinese college presidents. Next week I'm at a conference in SF.
    After that my schedule normalizes a little again.
    Keep me in mind if you folks get a game going.

4. JakeandElwood

That's quite the schedule you got going on. Just check in on the thread, we'll definitely let whoever wants to play if we do get this going.

5. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

i'm interested as well....i'm usually free anytime after 8:30 evenings

6. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Figured I'd give this thread a bump for some self-congratulation.

Just won a $15 limit tournament on stars (well, 2-way even chop) for $217. Survived a couple bad beats, and scored a huge river suckout when I spiked a set of jacks to beat a made two pair. Became chip leader with 7 left and stayed there until heads up.

So, now that I have somewhat of a bankroll, anyone want to get that SportsJournalists.com tournament going?

7. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Let me know when ... I'm on vacation for two weeks starting June 1, so I'll have some free time.

8. JakeandElwood

Draft saved Draft deleted