1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

honeymoon destinations

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by budcrew08, Mar 29, 2009.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Never a bad time for that reference ... nice.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Shot, my age joke takes precedence because I am, well, younger 8)

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

budcrew, if you're interested in what could be a great vacation and a great deal, you might explore this page:

http://www.newyorkcruiseguide.com/cruise-deals.html

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I'd seriously be tempted to go to Niagara Falls just because it would fall under the "so uncool it's cool" category. If someone kind of young and cool told you they went there for their honeymoon, wouldn't you think that was awesome? I would.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Obviously DC has a lot of museums, so that's what i'd suggest. I'm getting married June 19 and we barely have any money so we are going to go ultra regional and hit Texas' big bend region or the hill country. But if you have the money, I'd say stay on the east coast.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Why send them to Trenton when Princeton is much nicer, a short drive from Trenton, and rich in history as well? Is it because Trenton has the minor league baseball stadium and Princeton doesn't? :)

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Toronto. Montreal. New England.

8. sostartled

sostartled Member

Go to New Hampshire and/or Maine and camp or stay at a bed and breakfast or something. Mid-coast Maine has a lot and you don't have to go to the beach.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Also available in the Poconos.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Go to Philadelphia and see if you can get one of the specially priced rooms at the Alexander Inn:
    http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2009/3/11/16141/5199/hotels/Alexander_Inn_Introduces_Guest_Stimulus_Plan_with_1_Rooms

11. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

congratulations back, man.. and don't worry about pissing anybody off, that's awesome that you get the opportunity for your wedding, something a lot of people don't get to do.

Some advice, as I'm sure many on this board will tell you... don't let the wedding overwhelm you. Even though her parents are paying for it, it's still got to be planned.

12. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Cooperstown's about two hours away, that's actually where I proposed. So it's definitely under some consideration, even for a day.

Draft saved Draft deleted