1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Honey Badger gone at LSU

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I certainly don't care enough to look, but I assume somewhere on the LSU Website one can find the athletic department's drug policy, so we can extrapolate what the kid did.

2. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Payton is for offensive players only. Mathieu is eligible for the Buchanan for defensive players.

3. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

One of the more interesting aspects if the NCAA's interpretation of institutional control is that if a school has a rule about something, they have to enforce it.

They don't have to have any rules (outside of enforcing the NCAA standards) but they will get in a lot of trouble for ignoring one that they do have.

4. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Roll Tide.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Headline: "A Honey Boo-Boo"

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Miles kicked Periloux off previously. The cynicism seems a little much here.

7. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

The Honey Badger apparently likes his honey.

LSU drug policy calls for a suspension after a 2nd positive test (Mathieu fulfilled that requirement last season) and suspension/dismissal after Strike Three.

Also, where's the outrage, should there be outrage over someone dismissed for (apparently) failing a drug test so quickly being snapped up by an FCS school? Or because it's an FCS school, should we not give a damn?

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Don't make jd cut a fool.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's not like he saw a child get raped and didn't report it. As long as what he did didn't harm anyone else, why should I give a damn if someone fails a drug test?

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

These guys are football players. Their lives revolve around playing football (and I don't mean that in a negative way). There's a million reasons to play, including that he probably loves to play, and he is playing for draft position.

11. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

He is reformed now. Give the guy a chance.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

From the Insanely Eerie Timing Department, Kevin Van Valkenburg's prescient and powerful piece on Mathieu.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8240140/lsu-db-tyrann-mathieu-well-known-phenom-limits-media-espn-magazine

The last line: "You just never know what's coming next."

Draft saved Draft deleted