1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Honey Badger gone at LSU

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Aug 10, 2012.

1. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Les Miles actually kicked a star player off his team? Did he know the program would be under the NCAA microscope if such action wasn't taken?

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Maybe Mathieu and Michael Dyer can get together and do a reality TV show.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Might not have had a choice if it was a failed drug test. University policy might have tied his hands.

4. Steak Snabler

Former LSU teammate Josh Jasper tweets Mathieu is headed to McNeese State:

https://twitter.com/JoshJasper30/status/234043529238831104

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Hands tied or not, props to Miles for having the cajones to pull the trigger. If it were a felony or an arrest, it seems like we'd have heard about it by now. So it's safe to say he certainly has let star players -- maybe even lesser players -- get away with more without cutting ties.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Residual effect of Penn State. No one is going to stick their neck out for a while.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Dumb and risky move by Mathieu to transfer and play. Should've sat this one out.

Could cost himself millions if he gets seriously hurt, or he doesn't exceed what are bound to be unrealistic expectations of performance at I-AA. After last season, Mathieu has nothing to prove and everything to jeopardize.

8. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

Not like they had some scrub behind him. Strong move by LSU. I'm sure Alabama loves it.

9. Steak Snabler

No way he sits out the season and goes in the top 5 rounds. He has to go play somewhere (and keep his nose clean) or his pro stock plummets.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Say what now? Are you serious with that?

11. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

One of our colleges plays road games at McNeese and Lamar, which just picked up a running back who was booted off the Oklahoma State team. I hope the locals are getting big paychecks for these trips.

12. Steak Snabler

With former Georgia stud freshman RB Isaiah Crowell and now Mathieu in I-AA, the Walter Payton Trophy race might be more interesting than the Heisman.

Draft saved Draft deleted