1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homeland (not the grocery store)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Matt Stephens, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm through the first season.

What an incredible show.

2. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

Easily one of the few shows I felt I had to watch the next episode immediately.

3. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, I felt kind of lucky that I actually was able to watch all 12 episodes in the last two weeks or so...

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

One of my favorite faces ever was Saul finally seeing Carrie off the rails, and the OMG reaction.

5. Mizzougrad96

Patinkin is so intense. He's such a great actor.

My question/worry is how does Danes get her job back without ruining the show? I thought maybe they'd end the season with Brody getting caught and the CIA realizing that Carrie was the only one who was right about him and that would get her job back.

Maybe she can do the same thing with the Isa information, but I will be curious to see how they can pull it off without it seeming forced.

I really hope I don't have to wait until October for Season 2.

6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I couldn't stand Danes for the first 7-8 episodes. Her facial expressions drove me nuts but the last 3-4 episodes she was amazing.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Outside of David and Saul, who knows Carrie is nuts in the CIA?

8. Mizzougrad96

I thought she and Patinkin were about as perfect as you could get.

I was glad they got away from Baccarin's character after the first 7-8 episodes. I was getting a bit sick of her.

I just read the WSJ interview with the producers. They basically said it will be back in September or October and that the relationship between Brody and Carrie isn't done.

9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Just started watching this because of the free weekend of Showtime...looking forward to reading through this once I get the rest of the episodes watched (just got done with ep 2)

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Just started watching this tonight. Got throught the first two episodes tonight. I'm digging it so far.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I just ripped through it in a couple of weeks -- my wife joined me about halfway through the season and it's her new favorite show, so I'm looking forward to going back and re-watching the first half with her.

I don't know if I read this as an official review or just someone on a message board that said the show got too jumbled toward the end of Season 1. I didn't feel that way at all. I loved the chaos all around.

12. Mizzougrad96

Kimmel had a great line about the show last night on the Emmys...

"Finding out President Obama is a fan of Homeland is like finding out Charlie Sheen is a fan of Breaking Bad."

Draft saved Draft deleted