1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homeland (not the grocery store)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Matt Stephens, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

I just re-watched the scene near the end of the episode. Saul didn't mention Issa's name to Carrie. She asked him which son was killed in the drone attack and Saul replied Nazir's 10-year old son. She must of read his name in the CIA files of Nazir and just finally put two-and-two together, while she was going under the anesthesia, by recalling the name Brody was shouting during his nightmare at the cabin.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Ah alright, that's what I'm assuming as well.

3. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

The question is, will Carrie remember how she heard the name Issa. They made a big deal about the memory loss with the shock treatment but then she mentioned that it was usually only temporary.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Does anyone think Brody having to take off the vest because his daughter wanted to talk with him caused the malfunction? Could that have loosened a wire?

And I cannot tell you how much I love Saul and Carrie as characters. Just an amazing show.

F Brody. I thought there was a chance he had an once of good in him. He is nothing more than a chicken terrorist.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think he was tackled/knocked down when the shots rang out and I assume that's why a wire was loose.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Will her sister help her clarify it?
    The sister heard her say something as she was going under. The doctors wrote it off as something to do with going under, the sister might realize it's something more.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

He was indeed tackled when the shots rang out and he reached for the vest as he was being rushed through the metal detector so he could have knocked something loose at that point as well.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Saw the first episode.

I'm hooked.

Just Danes and Patinkin would be reason enough to watch.

9. 93Devil

Don't read this thread.

Danes and Patinkin get much, much better.

10. 93Devil

David: I need you to do your job.
    Saul: I think I am.

11. Mizzougrad96

I'm not reading anything. Just someone recommended this show to me, and it's every bit as good as people said.

12. Mizzougrad96

Five episodes in. Great stuff...

Draft saved Draft deleted