1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homeland (not the grocery store)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Matt Stephens, Aug 18, 2011.

1. joe

joe Active Member

No way in real life would an embassy send ALL the Marines to the site of an RPG attack on a U.S. convoy. The blood stripes ain't leaving the post they're supposed to protect.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

But that's what happens when you have a power-hungry, thinks he knows it all former senator running the show instead of someone with intelligence agency experience.

3. EStreetJoe

The second the RPG attack happened I said "it's just a diversion to get terrorists into the embassy"

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Duck Phillips just asked if it was all of them....sure it was inferred that it was, but I think it's more just enough that the ones left might be overrun by Hakkani and his men

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

A few claymores in that tunnel would solve the problem. And I cannot believe there would not be some sort of video surveillance on the "secret" entrance that a lot of people knew about.

6. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

That's who he is. I've been thinking all season that he looked familiar but was too lazy to hit up imdb.

7. CHETtheJET

CHETtheJET Member

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Yup.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

SPOILER

When it was Quinn and the single Marine hiding and watching the terrorists I thought if this was a Stallone, Willis, JCVD movie, that he'd take out the terrorists piece meal, but thats only in the movies not TV series. Half right. He and the Marine did manage to take out all but 3 terrorists, but the massacre was jarring.

Carrie yelling at no one in particular during the fire-fight was classic

10. EStreetJoe

Lackluster finale to a solid season. But it did set things up nicely for next season.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yes, kind of underwhelming.

12. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted