1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Home bowl syndrome

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Anyone seen the half doors on public stalls? I don't recall where I saw them, some airport I think, but essentially they're an answer to try and prevent public bathroom sex. Really like not having a door at all.

2. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

My middle school not only didn't have doors on the stalls, it didn't have stalls. No side walls, no nothing. Just two toilets in the corner.

Late one school day, a friend said it looked like I was walking with a stick up my butt. Well, ....

3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

In elementary school, when anybody took a crap, it was an event. Kid runs out of the can to the playground, shouting "BILLY'S TAKING A SHIT ... BILLY'S TAKING A SHIT." At least 30 people run into the can to observe.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Good Lord, did you people go to school in prison?

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I'm proud to say that my system works for me... not the other way round. I'm always hesitant to drop bombs at friends houses, primarily because I don't know their flushing power. Low and slow is the way to handle those.

There are only two stalls on my floor at work, and one of them is a handicapped one... which sits far too high for my tastes. As for dropping bombs at work, my favorite is when someone walks in as I'm washing hands, and we're the only two people in there. Always fun to look for the facial tics.

And one of the best benefits about making it back to Columbia (besides Shakespeare's of course) is knowing where all the prime, rarely used shitters are. A buddy of mine still talks about his favorite public spot in hushed, reverent tones.

6. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

I think distance runners can agree on this one...if you run long enough you will end up going somewhere you wish you hadn't. My worst was a cemetery. Not proud. Likely going to burn in hell for it.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I was hoping you would weigh in on this topic.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Nicely played. I've been there a time or two, though thankfully the toilet worked before and after.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I shared this philosophy until I was eight and dropped a cuatro at my friends house. I was much more than a deuce. The toilet clogged, it wouldn't go down and my friend was mad. Now I have to be absolutely comfortable to go anywhere other than home.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

For love of God, it's a commode. Pity if you get fretful or stopped up at the thought of using a perfectly clean hotel or restaurant bathroom. Heck, a hotel bathroom is probably cleaner than most of ours

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Ha, love that scene!

A friend of mine always considered breaking one of those power-flush toilets to be his Holy Grail. Got it, too.

Also accomplished the rare "double bowler" at a neighbourhood hockey rink in suburban Toronto. Clogged up the shitter at one end of the rink, sauntered to the other end and finished the job. Impressive feat to be sure but I was convinced he was rotting from the inside out.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted