1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy Mother of God, Trump said 'SCHLONG'!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. To support Trump over Hillary is to say that one's tribal identification is stronger than the most minimal concepts of selecting a person qualified to hold the office. I sure won't vote for Rubio, Cruz, Jeb or Christie, but they have credentials. They've held public office. They've won elections. They have ideas with which I disagree, which is OK. Clinton has been a Senator and Secretary of State. Trump has a good amateur golf game and is great at getting attention. Those are his sole qualifications.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

BTW, shouldn't the title of this thread by "Oy vey ist mir, Trump said SCHLONG!!!!"?

Edit: Sorry, misspelled my Yiddish transliteration. Fixed now.

doctorquant likes this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Personally I don't care much about gay sex one way or the other, being neither a participant or a pursuer, but good god, do GOP fanbois go ape-crazy if you start dropping flaming innuendo on their he-man candidate heroes. The only time I've ever gotten in real-life shoving/shouting matches over politics is when I've implied GOP macho men are closet fruits.

I mean, the steam/smoke just pours out of their ears.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Starman: Champion of gay rights and respect.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

OK. So, Bernie vs. Rubio, Cruz, Jeb or Christie; who do you go with?

How far out would the Dem nominee need to be for you to vote against them?

As for Trump, I get that he's run a very divisive campaign. I think he's running to win, and is willing to do what he thinks it would take.

I don't think he would govern the same way.

I also don't think he would govern in a conservative manner that I would prefer, or necessarily appoint conservatives to high office, especially to the judiciary (and most importantly to the SCOTUS).

But, I think he could do the job.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I'm not even convinced yet that I will vote for Hillary. I really don't want to. Unless Trump is the nominee. There are a few Republicans I would strongly consider.

7. YankeeFan

How do African-Americans react when you imply their favored politicians are closet fruits?

What about Muslims? Do they take it well when you imply Muslim leaders are closet fruits?

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

A chicken in every pot and a foreign object in every pocket.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This is why I keep saying that if the Republican's nominate Trump a lot of people will hold their noses and vote for Hillary.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

"Hold their noses" because of the disgusting sounds and smells she makes when she leaves the debate stage for wherever she goes, amirite?

11. YankeeFan

Trump appeals to a lot of white, working class voters that Dems need to win.

I don't see Ted Cruz getting those voters.

Cruz will bring out Conservatives in droves. But, we don't need to win Texas and Utah by a greater measure.

12. YankeeFan

Just don't think about it, or talk about it, and you'll be alright.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.