1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy mother of God. Al Qaida tortures kid for two years

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by three_bags_full, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Don't worry. BTE "supports" the troops.

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I love how pointing out that our military isn't infallible when it comes to these types of situations means people aren't supporting the troops. That line of logic follows perfectly. ::)

3. Armchair_QB

when you paint with a broad brush and indict "the military" instead of the individual fuck-ups who act out of their own sick desires you lose the ability to claim you "support" the troops.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Kind of like saying "All Muslims are evil! See what they did?!?" instead of focusing on the individual fuck-ups who act out of their own sick desires. (Not you, just ... ah, hell, you know who I'm talking about.)

In fact, it's rather like implying that all Christians are bad because Fred Phelps and his parishioners act like animals.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

When's the court date on your pimping charge?

6. Armchair_QB

Which, for the record, I haven't done.

It would also be like implying all Democrats are bad because Fred Phelps is one.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Should I have put the parenthetical lower?

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Has anyone on this board used language like that? Did any Republican or Conservative leaders ever say anything like that?

Also, U.S. Military leaders -- and members like TBF -- condemn the the behavior of the few members who have committed crimes. They don't encourage that kind of behavior.

Meanwhile, there are lots of Muslim leaders who encourage violence -- if not exactly what happened to this child. And not enough mainstream Muslims condemn violence and the violent rhetoric.

So your comparison holds no water.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

To beat these people we need to go back to Sept. 12, 2001 mentality and turn that fucking place into a parking lot.

How much have we heard from Libya since Reagan bombed the fuck out of them?

It's the only way we can fight against people who are this batshit insane. Our army can't beat them. We're not crazy. The only way to beat these people is to bomb the fuck out of them.

10. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

Well, the bombing of Pan Am 103 happened two years after Reagan launched airstrikes on Libya.

Draft saved Draft deleted