1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy mother of God. Al Qaida tortures kid for two years

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by three_bags_full, Aug 7, 2009.

1. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

yeah, make light of a little kid getting tortured. funny stuff.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

It gives them a language to express their twisted ideologies. You can twist anything in religion to make it useful for your own culture and identity. Of course the most important part that should be mentioned in all of this is that there is nothing in Islam that says its ok for a kid to be tortured, let alone for two years. So blaming Islam, rather than the crazy fucks who did this, is sort of missing the point.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Killing Al Qaeda members is a real good idea. Where the Bush/Cheney Empire went wrong was that it didn't kill enough of them, fast enough, and killed way too many other people by mistake.

Simple competence. Fail.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Torturing someone who tortures an innocent 6-year-old is fine by me.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You make it sound like Cheney was out there shooting people. I mean, enemies.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Goddammit, you know that's not true, cause we've had this discussion before.

[​IMG]

And for your reading enjoyment:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/20/international/asia/20abuse.html

The guy's crime? Taking a wrong turn in his taxi.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

But it's not fine under international law. Justice by bloodlust went out of fashion in the civilized world decades ago. That an uncivilized element remains is no reason to go back on that.

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

You're better than this. At least I think so.

Most of the people 'on the left', particularly on this board, supported the efforts in Afghanistan while opposing the shift of focus and resources to Iraq. But then again, you already know that.

"Your side" (I'm sure IJAG will be here shortly to chastise you for your sweeping generalization) opposed the troops? Seriously? You can oppose a war and support the troops at the same time. But then again, you already know that.

9. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

In my defense, I was shitfaced when I commented.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Reid declared the war lost. Murtha accused Marines of murder without knowing the facts. Durbin compared the troops to nazis, the KGB, or Pol Pot. Kerry accused "American soldiers" of terrorizing Iraqi women & children.

Were they "supporting our troops"?

They and others opposed our efforts to win a war in an effort to "break" a president.

You oppose the mission and try to "break" the Commander-in-Chief. What part of that is supporting the troops?

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

But...But...But...That's DIFFERENT!!!

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yo. How 'bout not including me in a group that murdered someone (I'm not familiar with this story)? But if someone killed a taxi driver for shits and grins, and were convicted, then they were criminals. Don't draw such a line with "our military," please.

Draft saved Draft deleted