1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy mother of God. Al Qaida tortures kid for two years

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by three_bags_full, Aug 7, 2009.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'm speechless.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/08/07/iraq.kidnapped.boy/index.html

2. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

the religion of peace at work

3. mb

mb Active Member

That's the type of quality post that only you can provide.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

As the father of a 6-year-old, I would be dead, because they would have to gun me down after I went on the shooting rampage.

5. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

I still do, but stuff like this makes it hard for me to believe in God.

6. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Sick. I can't even begin to imagine what that kid went through. Thank God he's alive.

7. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

All the Dems are right; we shouldn't torture the people we find who do shit like this.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Watch it. Someone will bring up an abortion-clinic bomber and say it trumps you.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Well, if we thank God for him still being alive, do we fault God for putting him in harm's way in the first place?

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

"They did it first" stops being a justification for doing something wrong at about the age of four.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Treat these people like the rabid dogs they are.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If I had to guess -- and I didn't see this specified in the story -- I would guess that the policeman and his family are all Shi'a Muslims. Al Qaeda, of course, stems from the fundamentalist wah'habi sect of Sunni Islam. Without getting into all the gory details, I'd appreciate it if y'all would picture in your mind the Protestant Reformation ... and consider that the the Shi'a-Sunni schism was about a million times more unpleasant.

The "Al Qaeda in Iraq" group's leadership has in the past declared "all-out war" on the Shia majority in Iraq; the late, unlamented Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, one of the earliest leaders of the group, focused more on attacking Shi'a Muslims than on attacking American soldiers (even after being admonished by senior AQ officials to concentrate on fighting Americans in a letter remarkably reminiscent of C.S. Lewis' The Screwtape Letters).

So, short version, this kind of lunatic sectarian violence (presuming that's what it is) has been part of the "Al Qaeda in Iraq" arsenal since it got started and stayed in that arsenal even after Zarqawi caught a couple of USAF bombs with his face.

Draft saved Draft deleted