1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy crud...it's hot

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Aug 1, 2006.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

"The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut."

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Ummm... wouldn't "mid 100s" be 150?

Played in a golf outing on Monday afternoon in what turned out to be 100 degree weather and I drank roughly six 1 liter bottles of water while I was on the course but never had to take a potty break. Fuck was it hot out there.

3. tardreedo

tardreedo Member

It was friggin' hot here a couple weeks back. Now it's not bad at all (right around mid 70s or so). Anyway, I was given a 15-foot above-ground pool about a month ago by a friend who didn't need it anymore. I figured I'd be a good guy and gave it to my sister and brother-in-law so their kids could use it, especially since I've got a pool in my apartment complex.

It didn't hit me until I was actually out at the pool during the heat wave (when there were also a million loud kids out there) that I should have just saved the pool for myself and set it out in front of the grassy area out of my back door and just kick back there. I had the brilliant idea to set it up Vegas-style and would somehow jimmy-rig a blackjack and poker table to the pool so all of us cool kids 21 and over who didn't want to deal with all of the kids at the regular pool could use it, and drink booze (not allowed at the regular pool). Alas, none of this ever happened.

Damn it. Hindsight really is 20/20.

it's probably all for the best though. One of the guys who runs the apartment complex is huge (we call him "the enforcer") and would have likely shut us down and then kicked us out.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Low 80s, no humidity, no skeeters, nice breeze at night. Microville is heaven this time of the year.

5. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

We FINALLY got socked with some rain up here. Delaying a Legion game for at least an hour. Damn, that's a nice breeze. Now if this team can wrap it up tonight, I'll be an even happier woman. ;D

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Holy shit! I just walked from my office to my apartment. It's about a 10 minute walk. It was hot as hell out there, but bearable. But then I got into my apartment, which is always an overheated sweat box. I turned the AC on right away, but it is taking time to cool down. In the mean time, I am one sweaty mess. My sweat beads are sweating right now. This is unbelievable.

7. Go soak your head.
    (I'm not kidding. Go soak your damn head!)

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

when i didn't have a.c., sex was out of the question in these conditions. by my choice, wise guys. 8) 8) 8)

i'd go to my girl's apartment after a game and spend the night. no a.c., no sex. that was the deal. :eek: :eek: :eek:

a.c., the greatest invention ever. 8) 8) 8)

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Today we hit the usual average high for this time of year --- low 90s. Thank God for a nice seabreeze, and that the humidity wasn't overbearing.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I would imagine, if in some futuristic time of insane, unprecedented-to-us heat, the temperatures were to hit 150 or above, they'd say "highs in the mid 150's. I think it's understood that you're modifying the second digit in a temperature when you say "mid" "upper" and "lower". Otherwise, how would you say a range between 103 and 107? Mid one-ought-hundreds?

Draft saved Draft deleted