1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

holy crap, ron wolfley

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

True. That's why I watch the hard-hitting ass-kickers that are ESPN.

2. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Shockey - You just realized why the NFL Network is a financial albatross around the league's neck and, I would assume, why it is a big reason behind the layoffs referenced in another thread about the league.

I know the perception of MLB is that it could fuck up oatmeal, but they got one thing right in the way they've handled the MLB Network thus far.

Blatantly soft programming plus shitty distribution = disaster.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the NFL call it quits on the Network at some point.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I actually get more bent out of shape when team-paid broadcasters DON'T wear team gear and try to appear like they are actual objective reporters. Very few local TV people are not bought and paid for.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

i hope not. plenty of good stuff on nflnetwork. i'd like to believe it can improve over time and become more journalistically sound. the albatross it's been has been more because of it's problems with cablevision and others. we shall see.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

well, mlb network seems to be giving it a try. so i'm naive enough to believe that the nfl network can be a bit more sound. they don't need to chase negative stories. i get that. but they can use better reporting voices on many topics rather than rely on logo-wearing house organs.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Keep wishing, shockey. NFL net will be nothing more than, to borrow someone's line, a flak for the league.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I know Wolfley. You're lucky he was wearing any shirt.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

He's not a reporter. he's a freakin color commentator who is employed by and paid by the team. Totally different than a local tv guy or newspaper guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted