1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy crap is this a tough Sporcle quiz. The NFL Pre-Favre.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I want to know how people are getting scores out of 30 with there only being 28 teams on the quiz. Free points?

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

You want a tough quiz?

http://www.sporcle.com/games/alphabetical5cities_us.php

THIS is a tough quiz.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

That one was a blast. I got 66 the first time, reloaded it right before time ran out and got 72 the second time.

California has A LOT of people.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Got 63 on that one. That was fun.

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

There's no legit way to get them all, unless you just happen to know the five-largest cities beginning in q and z. And you don't.

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Go to Jack Trudeau's Wikipedia page, and look on the right column under "Career highlights and awards"

LOL

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Got it with 1:44 to spare.

(OK, I had to look up Dave Krieg and Todd Marinovich, but I had 2:30 on the clock when I did it. I got all the rest legitimately)

I kept thinking Jay Schroeder was the Raiders' QB in '92 (he was on the team, but must not have started the week that was applicable). I had Steve DeBerg on the brain for the Chiefs.

And Todd Philcox is a Belichick legend.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Apparently I'm the smartest non-cheater here (hi Bubbler!) b/c I got 23 of 28. Missed on Jack Trudeau (figured it had to be Jeff George), Rodney Peete (the one Lions QB from 1985-95 I could not think of...I even tried Scott Mitchell out of frustration as time expired), Hugh Millen (had absolutely, positively no idea who QBd the Pats during that 1-15 debacle...tried Tony Eason), Kelly Stouffler (had no idea, my lone guess was Dan McGwire) and Rich Gannon (thought that might have been the year McMahon made some starts for them).

I knew Krieg was in KC b/c I'd run the Dave Krieg Fan Club if I had the time and guessed Philcox when Kosar didn't pop up b/c I remembered he made some starts for them after Testaverde got hurt in '93. I thought Timmahhhhh Rosenbach was the Cards' QB then, so I was pleasantly surprised when Chris Chandler popped up.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I only missed Chandler and Marinovich. Wouldn't have guessed them no matter how long I had. Big ups to Tecmo Super Bowl as well.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I should get extra points for getting 22 without ever having played TECMO Bowl.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Yeah, but then you lose points for never having played TECMO Bowl. :D

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

[blue]Wow this stuns me.[/blue] :D :D :D

Draft saved Draft deleted