1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy crap is this a tough Sporcle quiz. The NFL Pre-Favre.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 24, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Outing alert: Tstumpf IS Todd Philcox.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I couldn't name 27 QBs who started any one week in 2009, let alone 1992.

That kind of passion (or insanity) left the station many years ago.

3. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

Got 13 wrong.

For the life of me could not think of Rodney Peete's name and Neil O'Donnell's name and didn't put Everett's because I thought he was gone.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I got 22 also. Got O'Brien, but I missed Testaverde with the Bucs for some reason. Kept typing variations of DeBerg (De Berg, Deberg, DeBerge) to no avail.

(I know how to spell DeBerg, but sometimes the quiz-makers can't spell. They spell "Philippines" about six different ways on the geography quizzes).

P.S. --- I love Sporcle!

5. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

I missed Chris Chandler, Hugh Millen, Rich Gannon, and Dave Krieg.

I got Philcox after it wouldn't accept Bernie Kosar as an answer.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Neill O'Donnell, Stan Gelbaug, Frank Reich and Boomer Esaison are Maryland QBs, all played in 1992.

Go TWERPS

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Didn't Mike Tice at least begin his Maryland career at QB, too? Don't know if he was still playing in 92, though.

And don't forget Scott Zolak.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I got 16 out of 30, which I am really proud of considering I was 10 years old in 1992.

9. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I missed nine: Philcox, Chandler, Krieg, Trudeau, Aikman (what a moron I am), Miller, Stouffer, O'Donnell, Gannon.

Obviously I'm pissed about Aikman. I must have put in White four times. I think I put in Kosar four times, too, because it had to be wrong, I kept telling myself. I also didn't realize O'Donnell was there back then. I think I put Brister.

10. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Got 25 of the QBs -- missed Trudeau, Miller and Gannon -- which is sad, because I'm a Vikings fan. (Covered a Browns exhibition game in Toronto where Philcox started, so I guessed on him.)

Only got 20 of the number 2s

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Got 19 right of the QBs although I saw Trudeau's name on here. Missed: Harbaugh, Philcox, Vinny, Chandler (thought it was Lomax or Rosenbach or Tupa), Peete, Millen (Tebow, the Pats sucked that year), Marinovich, Stouffer and Gannon.

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Fun quiz. Got about half right, partly because I'm a brutal speller (I knew Majkowski and Trudeau, couldn't spell 'em until the answers came)

Also probably shouldn't have got Dave Krieg, because I was guessing him for Seattle ::)

Only remembered Rodney Peete because of the Techmo Super Bowl game!

Draft saved Draft deleted