1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy crap, I almost Darwined myself.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

what idiots.

2. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

what an idiot.

3. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

what an idiot.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

WILL EVERYONE STOP CALLING PEOPLE WHO CHEATED DEATH IDIOTS?

Can't we rejoice and put odds on when the "final destination"-like hunt begins?

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Can I get a ruling on Doofus, IJAG?

6. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I find the Raiders post amusing only because I watched it this morning.

Here in Morocco, we cook with what I guess is propane, only it's called Butagas. It comes in three sizes of canisters that you hook up to your stove, your hot water heater or whatever.

Went to visit a friend who told me about another volunteer who'd tried to start her foorno -- that's sort of a small wood stove used to heat a room in winter -- with the Buta canister. Instead of something simpler, like a brika or a candle.

It had a little flame attachment on it, and she lit it and tried to start the fire in the fire in the foorno by holding the canister with its little flaming head in the foorno.

Instead, it cause St. Elmo's Fire-type flame and caught everything in the room on fire, from the sofa thing to the blankets to the concrete walls.

Hearing the story, I'm surprised the whole thing didn't explore.

But OT, I give you credit. I could have never reached into a spider web to begin with. Gives me the heebie-jeebies.

(cue up tarantula shot from Raiders)

7. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I wasn't serious with my posts.....just pointing out the idiot. I was hoping the blue font wasn't needed because of the overkill....I guess it was.

I'm not the type of person that would call a person an idiot when they've admitted a mistake, especially something that was serious and could have killed them.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Mine was tongue-in-cheek. Sorry. I didn't think MY blue font was needed.

Unless there really is a final destination like hunt for o_t. In which case I won't be crossing him off my list of "SJers I want to have a drink with."

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Anyone who expected class from Cousin Oliver hasn't been paying attention.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I think you're OK as long as he's not on the list of "SJers I want to have a BBQ with."

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Absolutely awesome. :D

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I was always a gas grill guy. I always thought I was gaining a lot of convenience.
    After a couple of years sans grill, we have a charcoal grill since we moved out to the country, and I use it pretty often. I don't miss the gas grill at all.

(I also have a great anecdote about when I was teen and tried to light a gas grill while on quite a bit of acid. Huge fireball. Bangs on fire. Singed eyebrows. Very crazy.)

Draft saved Draft deleted