1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy AFC East - Broncos trade Marshall to Dolphins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mustangj17, Apr 14, 2010.

1. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Well he ran for 48 yards last year with a long of 22. He only returned five punts and averaged 25 yards a kick return with two TDs, which came in the same game. Still pretty much a bust for where he was picked and definitely not much of playmaker. My guess is that Browns fans are going to be dying for the team to trade for him, though.

2. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Member

What he said. I've been a Broncos fan since I was 10 and the Coach Wonderboy era has me about as frustrated as I've ever been.

3. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Amazing the sense of entitlement these chumps from the belichick tree have had as head coaches, other than crennel.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If you're a NFL coach, you have to find a way to get along with your players, even the high maintenance ones. Yes, Cutler is a douche, but McDaniels did everything he could to alienate him when he got there. Fortunately for them, they found a team stupid enough to give up so much to get him.

Same deal with Marshall. Yes, he's a prima donna. He's also one of the best receivers in the game.

I still say if Stokely doesn't steal that touchdown in the opener last year against the Bengals, the Donkeys start no better than 3-3 and the McCoach doesn't return for a second season.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

What both of you said. Goddammit. Unbelievable. I may actually root against the Broncos this year in the hopes that Bowlen fires that smug smurf. That little shit crawled right out of Pandora's Box, I'm sure of it. Actually, they should just rename the stadium Pandora's Box. Get Satan to sponsor it. Christ. Which reminds me, I believe Spawn is meeting with Tebow today. God, I can't wait to see who that sleeve of wizard drafts next week. If Dez Bryant is wearing a Broncos hat on Thursday night, I'm going on the black market looking for an RPG. And then I'm going to Denver. Goddammit.

6. mb

mb Active Member

Well, Denver's well on its way to fielding a team full of fucking choirboys.

And going 3-13 while doing it. But, hey, they'll all get along.

Hopefully McDaniels won't trade away *next* year's No. 1 for another fucking midget cornerback in the second round.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I enjoyed that. You should try rooting for the Skins sometime. :)

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You're a douche!

:D

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Exactly. This is just garbage. Yeah, he's getting a lot of draft picks, but as proven in last year's draft, Coach McDamage doesn't know how to draft.

And if they got rid of Marshall for Dez freakin' Bryant, Dove Valley might get burned to the ground.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Let's hope Bryant remembers to wear the right shoes on draft day.

11. Crash

Crash Active Member

Awesome, awesome trade. The Dolphins have addressed two huge needs this offseason, grabbing Karlos Dansby at LB and now Marshall at WR.

The very fact that Ted Ginn won't be the default "number one" receiver makes this a good trade. And with the way Bess and Hartline played last year, it looks like the Phins may actually have a good group of receivers for once.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Paraphrasing from memory an email I got from my Jets friend:

"Jason Taylor almost got in a fight with us in the tunnel last year because an injured Kris Jenkins, on crutches, started yelling about how Taylor's mother had a dick."

I enjoyed it.

Draft saved Draft deleted