1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hollywood Stock Exchange sj.com league - Ding! Ding! Ding! We are trading!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Just invested in the third Twilight movie and Jon Hamm.

Here's hoping Mad Men will kick ass this season.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I bought a thousand shares of Jonah Hex not cracking $20 million this weekend. Every estimate I've seen says it'll be at around $10-$12 million so, come Monday, I should be about $8-$10 thousand richer.

If this works, I'll take big gambles on flicks like Knight and Day and Grownups bombing as well.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Where are you seeing that? I'm a tard, but I only see things that are like entire summer hauls, and whatever.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Check out the HSX blog for the estimates but, if you're talking about betting on the over/under of a flick, go to the News & Events tab, click Opening This week. At the bottom, you'll see "Related Derivatives" and certain movies are listed there that you can bet on.

FYI, a call = the over, a put=the under. The number right before it is the number the over/under is set at.

5. imjustagirl

Nice. Thanks. I just knew to go "on the exchange" and then I went to all derivatives and didn't see it there. Thanks!

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Holy shit, is this thing addictive.

And I'm all in on "Jonah Hex" and "Grown-Ups" tanking.

7. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

I'm in. Even though I'm not sure I fully understand all the shit going on.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

OK, some advice:

*For now, don't buy stuff after it has opened. Once the price "adjusts" it stays pretty darn close to iits price from that point forward. Not always, but generally.

*Hit the "Earn & Spend" tab daily.

*Buy both the Call and the Put on opener derivatives the week before they open, then follow it closely from there, watching the market. Once it becomes clear that you need to switch one of them to a "put," do so.

*Understand how starbonds work.

*Be careful with openers. Theater count matters, tracking matters, psa matters, etc.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I may or may not have threatened to hold IJAG hostage unless I"m allowed entry ... I hope that's a good enough reason. :D

10. imjustagirl

DAMMIT! I am the worst collateral EVER. Especially when 93Devil is running this thing. You should have taken Inky or Trey or another Steelers fan.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You guys do know I am getting people in about every three hours?

I am golfing tomorrow so no bitching about a slow "accept."

12. CR19

CR19 Member

Here's a tip for everyone in the league: Torgo and "Manos: The Hands of Fate" are still available.
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted