1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hollywood Reporter Interview with Larry Flynt

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

About 20 years ago I got hooked up to do a freelance piece for a baseball card magazine. Never heard of the magazine, but the assignment was easy. I wrote it, faxed it (that's how things were done then) and they sent a check very quickly.

The company was LFP and I paid no attention. Then I glanced at the signature on the check and it was Larry Flynt. The baseball card magazine was part of the Hustler empire.

I made a copy of the check for posterity, then cashed it. I just wonder if my check was cut in the same batch with a bunch of Beaver Hunt winners.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Outing alert: Smasher is really Chester the Molester.

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

That's completely out of line.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Not that it's easy to be one of the predominant 1st Amendment advocates in the country, but it's also not altruistic on his behalf.

But anyone who's that much of a dick to his kids, is a dick at heart.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

OK, Chester the Protector, then.

Draft saved Draft deleted