1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hollywood has no shame

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Sep 10, 2006.

1. boots

boots New Member

The Black Dahlia murder is a horrific mystery about the death of Elizabeth Short. I recall a made for TV movie about it staring Lucy Arnez many years ago. Now, this tragedy is on the big silver screen. Why?

2. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

That's showbiz!

3. boots

boots New Member

If you go to the Black Dahlia web site, there are some pretty gruesome pictures to view. She definitely pissed somebody off.

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Um yeah. I was stupid enough to look up the pictures and now I'll have nightmares.

Not for the faint of heart/stomach.

5. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Because there are very few original ideas left in Hollywood.

It was also a book by James Ellroy, who wrote L.A. Confidential and several other excellent books.

6. boots

boots New Member

She pissed someone off, noquestion about it.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

You've started a thread about it. Thanks for helping them promote the movie.

Too bad it didn't help Snakes on a Plane!

8. Technically, "True Confessions," the terrific John Gregory Dunne novel that got made into an OK DeNiro-Duvall film, was also about this murder.

9. boots

boots New Member

Just check out the Black Dahlia web site. That's enough to make you say SHEEEEETTTTT!!!!!!

10. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm late to this one -- was caught up reading the "Water is Wet" thread, and then went straight over to "The Sky is Blue."

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Bingo. Ellroy's books are excellent and the last one made into a movie, L.A. Confidential, was a big success.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well played.

Draft saved Draft deleted