1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holiday gift idea: I know NOTHING about women's shoes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Dec 11, 2011.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

On this side, I will agree with 21.

If we wear four-inch heels that hurt our feet so you boys can look at our legs, we can look ridiculous while we wear comfy boots for a couple hours.

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I'll throw my vote behind this, too, although I had to get rid of my Uggs (purchased in 2002 or so) because they hurt my feet, so not so comfy for me. Warm as hell, though. I now have a pair of fake Uggs that aren't quite as moon boot-ish and don't hurt my feet at all.

3. At the mall yesterday ... spot some young girl (older teen or young college chick) with her beau. It's 20 degrees outside, but she's wearing cut-off shorts.
    She's got a white vest on, cut-off shorts and these shitty-looking fur boots that go to the knees.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I would wear Uggs if my orthotics fit in them. There is no vanity at the street car stop when it's 30 below.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Just be glad she didn't ask for a Chanel bag. I can't stop laughing.

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Love it.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

That is awesome. And judging by his suggestion that they go live under the Granville Street bridge, I think it's from my hometown of Vancouver. :)

8. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Two words -- stylish boots.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The heck with women's boots, shoes or gloves.
    If a guy wants to drive himself crazy, try shopping for women's clothes online using a company's sizing chart. The clothes come in S, M, L, XL, 1X, 2X, 3X.
    The sizing chart lists dress size, bust size, hips measurement and waist measurement.
    If the chart shows her needing one size based on the dress size and another size based on the bust size and you have no idea what the hips or waist measure (and women's clothing doesn't show that - I tried checking labels), can cause a guy to bang his head against the wall if he wants to buy a surprise gift for his wife. I had it narrowed down to one of two sizes and opted to take a chance and go with the larger one.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This is awesome.

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Ha...nice. The last line was funny.

12. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Buy her a pair of Doc Martens and claim that's what you thought she meant.

Draft saved Draft deleted