1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holiday Bonus

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Totally Krossed Out, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

$50 gift certificate to a grocery store. I'm grateful. This will buy me a turkey, a ham and the trimmings. I think it's great.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I got a little over $300 this year. Not as good as last year, but better than others and enough to pay for my car tag and presents and VERY welcome.

3. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

A week's pay, of course with taxes taken out.

4. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Christmas bonus? What is that of which you speak.
    You can't even bring your spouse to the Xmas party any more, until 1 a.m., which means no way in heck I even bother to show up.

5. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Ha! I got a $15 Kroger card once myself at a paper in Georgia, and that was the only bonus I ever got in eight years in that place other than Xmas day off. Hey, it bought some groceries. At another place I got a Christmas card saying thanks for your hard work for three straight years. This year I got $184...a paper in Massachusetts once gave me $250.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Same here. ;D

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

One hour with Boots' girl

8. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Lucky! Ours was BYOS.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

This comes up every year, and of course there are the stories where bonuses are given but later it is discovered that the company was making deductions from paychecks throughout the year to fund them. Again, bah freakin' humbug.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

$25 gift card. Shop also paid for main course at our holiday party (it was pot luck for everything else, still nicely done).

Given that my last two full-time stops did absolutely nothing, I'm taking what I can get.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I got a one year subscription to the Jelly of the Month Club

12. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

My bonus:
    I won't be 'voluntarily' or 'involuntarily separated' through the last quarter.

Draft saved Draft deleted