1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hogan's Heroes?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Don't forget Kelly's Heroes.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Anybody ever see Robot Chicken's version of Hogan's Heroes, starring the Hulkster, Rowdy Roddy Piper and a bunch of other WWF stars from the 80s? Too funny....almost as funny as when Beavis and Butt-Head joined the Teen Titans.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hogan's Heroes was based on the movie Stalag 17 directed by Billy Wilder with William Holden and Peter Graves.

Good movie. I recommend it.

4. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Hogan's Heroes — denounced by the American Nazi Party and the American Jewish Congress. Good times!
    And very, very little of the show is on youtube. Jesus, I can get my Larry Sanders fill to no end (thank God), but no Hogan's Heroes?

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Maybe they can re-make Hogan's Heroes and call it Guantanamo!

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

And the terrorists are the clever POWs always pulling stunts and putting one over on the guards?

Brilliant!

7. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Exactly: "Sorry, Werner baby, but we're going to have to give a little love to the Nazis every so often. They count in the ratings, too."

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

[​IMG]

Homer: Colonel Klink! Did you ever get my letters?
    Klink: I'm not actually Colonel Klink, I'm just assuming his form.
    Homer: Hee hee hee! Did you know Hogan had tunnels all over your camp?

9. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

At Stalag 13, they just got the cooler or had their Tommy Dorsey records taken up.
    At Gitmo, their ass gets waterboarded. Or they're placed in a burlap sack and ritualistically beaten.

10. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

That's true, Bubbler.

I have the first three seasons on DVD and on one of them is Werner Klemperer's appearance on the Pat Sajak Show. He talked about his dad, the famous composer, Otto Klemperer, and how he was a composer and musician in his own right.

And pressboxer, the real irony about the original cast is Robert Clary, who played Corp. LeBeau, lost most of his family in the Holocaust. He's spoken about the Holocaust to schools all over the country.

My wife always wondered how someone who spent time in a concentration camp and experienced the horrors of the Holocaust could play a part in a series that showed the Nazis as comic bunglers.

Draft saved Draft deleted