1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hockey Canada invites 46 to Orientation Camp for Vancouver Olympics.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I'd take Jeff Carter over Blair Betts. Aw, hell, don't get me started. I promise......

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Considering how many broken panes litter your glass house, that might be a good idea.

3. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Larry,

I suspect I saw I lot more of Savard as a developing player than you might have. I have one lifetime friend who coached him and knows him as well as anybody. (Coached Betts as well, as a matter of fact, and liked him, but I digress.) Another who signed him to a contract, regretted it and traded him at first opportunity. MS's a dick, not very bright. He has habit of doing the least when needed most. He's not an Olympic player.

Savard had the third most points among Canadian centres -- behind 87 and Getzlaf. Of those he scored more than, who do you suggest he's better than, just going on the most obvious candidates?

Thornton? Carter? M Richards? Marleau? Toews? Lecavalier? That's not to vie for the two remaining centre slots ... really there's only one slot, the fourth-line, that's available to him. He can't play third-line, checking line, because he can only help you in the dimension he plays in. The list grows if you target players--J Staal, Brind'Amour, etc--as third-line guys. If MS doesn't get points he doesn't help you. And he can't play wing because he doesn't skate welll

He's somehere around Spezza but somewhat behind. Ribeiro in same neighbourhood. At least Brad Richards has made it happen a couple of times.

o-<

4. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

FOF....I've never said he was deserving of making the team, just an invite. You probably did watch more of him developing, but maybe you haven't watched recently. Last season he wasn't a defensive liability, in fact he was +25....which shows he's still developing. As for doing the least when he's needed most....you probably don't want to include Joe Thornton, or Patrick Marleau to make your point.

So far, you've called him a 55 pt. a year guy, said there's 58 players better than him. You got a hair across your ass for Savard.

I've said he earned an invite, that's it.

5. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Don't be a bitch, Sam. [/everybodylivesinaglasshouseevenme]

6. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

And I said Osgood deserved an invite and was disagreed with. Sheesh ...

7. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

;D

***don't tell anyone, but I'm not really a big fan of Savards game either.

8. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Well, good God damn ... everybody's entitled to bitchy when it's off-season. [/letsallhugitout]

Draft saved Draft deleted