1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hobbies?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 85bears, Jun 27, 2006.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Mostly, I beat off.

2. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

I read, run, play some golf, some tennis, drink a few beers.

I used to do a lot of creative writing, but I seldom have the desire these days.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

I spend as much time as I can with my kids.

Besides that, I enjoy listening to music and reading (mostly non-fiction) and have renewed my interest in genealogy. Someday I'll pull the guitar out of its case and start playing it again -- my wife has commented that she's never seen me so relaxed and patient as when I'm teaching myself how to play a new song.

4. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch, I go to the lavatory.  On Wednesdays I go shopping and have buttered scones for tea.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

As a source for an article about nuclear plants once said:

"I fight fires until I don't see flames. Then I go on to the next fire."

I hoped he was speaking figuratively. Sadly, he wasn't.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Does sleep count? I like to nap or veg out on the couch.

Other than that, I drink, I cook (I'm very good at this too I might add), I play video games, I spend time on SportsJournalists.com. not much time for anythng else.

7. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

I train for Ironman triathlons. That takes up enough time until I head in to work. I also drink a fair amount of beer, read seven-year-old Sports Illustrateds that I moved halfway across the country and put off writing creatively.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I read a lot, play sports games on my PS2, help out occasionally with my son's T-ball team, hang out here and alwaysd try and make time to watch my beloved Blue Jays..

9. Upper Tupper

Upper Tupper Member

Read old true crime books and then Google the main personnel to see where they are now.

10. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

noon ball at the local ymca, or going to the movies

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I've been known to deconstruct Poison lyrics in a search for a deep structural meaning.

12. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Heck, that could be a dissertation ...

"The hidden literary meanings and depth in 'Unskinny Bop-op-op-op, just blows me away.'"

Draft saved Draft deleted