1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hobbies?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 85bears, Jun 27, 2006.

1. 85bears

85bears Member

What do you guys do to get away from the daily grind?

I know it's almost a cliche as a hobby, but I love, love, LOVE to play golf. I can't afford to be really outstanding at it, but just concentrating on golf skills totally helps me take a trip away from work (I love to read, too, but it's hard to do it without reading as a critical writer trying to learn something about the craft).

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I hit butterflies with a stick.

I used to clobber lightning bugs, too, but my vision isn't the same.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"When masturbation's lost it's fun, you're fucking lazy." [/Green Day]

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I drink beer and hit on college boys.

Oh, and I do a LOT of yoga and read bad science fiction/fantasy novels and/or well-written nonfiction on Tudor England.

5. sportsed

sportsed Guest

The life of every party, I'm sure. ;)

Me? I play cards and knock two out a night.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Exercise, tattoos, online poker, writing (I don't write at work anymore), reading non-fiction, complaining about having nothing to do, and occasionally I'll have a drink or two.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Mountain bike, golf, hike, read.

8. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

1. Watch "House" and "The Sopranos"
    2. Read
    3. Exercise

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I totally am. College boys don't meet that many girls who can chug beer and discuss the finer merits of R.A. Salvatore's latest work. I'm a rare breed.  ;)

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Tattoos? Interesting.

Meaning you draw tattoos or you get tattoos as a hobby? If you draw them, I wanna see. In another life, I'd like to do that.

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I watch a lot of the one-hour crime shows: Law & Order, Without a Trace, The Closer.

And y'all can make fun of me if you want, but I crochet baby blankets for Project Linus. Picked it up in grad school when I joined a group called Stitch & Bitch, and it's a nice way to do something that's not sports related.

Now all I need is a cat and I can become That Old Creepy Woman.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with that, Cadet.

I bike, try to get back to my family when I get enough days off to justify a trip and hang out with friends. I would love to pick up my R/C car hobby that I did through junior high and high schools, but nights and weekends make car preparation and racing a bit difficult.

Draft saved Draft deleted