1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hoax story on OU players

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SockPuppet, Jul 10, 2008.

1. TheMethod

TheMethod Member

If this guy doesn't get his shit pushed in in court, we run the risk of this kind of thing becoming a cool thing to do.

2. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Oklahoman has every right to sue.

And yes, it sounds harsh, but this fella needs to be made an example of.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

He's not being sued for something he wrote. He's being sued for infringement of trademarks, libel (because he published a false report) and using the reporter's byline. It's protection of their brand and the reporter's name. Lose that integrity and you lose a lot of credibility.

This story makes me sick on a number of levels. I hope this idiot is sued into oblivion.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

This guy has two strikes against him already. He's an employee of the University of Texas and he's a Nebraska fanboy BLOGger.

This jackass needs to be sued for the oxygen he's stealing.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Exactly.

6. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I've read a couple of stories, but none of them named the actual radio stations that put the fake story on air.

Does anyone know?

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Does it bother anyone that the paper made reference to the story without confirming anything?

8. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Wait, this thread is not about Ohio University!!!!!!

I see, it's U of O. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted