1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

".....hmm......I did not know that...."

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Aug 18, 2016.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Mariano Rivera?
    edit had to look up. thought the one Alomar hit in 97 was a walkoff, it wasn't.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Dan Miceli gave up walkoffs to Rafael Furcal and Jim Edmonds in the 2004 NL postseason.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Who hit the last home run at Old Yankee Stadium?

4. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Jetes, even if it wasn't him [/manky]

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

lol
    but no

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Still out there.....

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

What is the last NBA team to play 4 overall no. 1 picks in the same game and name the players?

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Gonna guess Lakers with Magic, Kareem, Worthy and Mychal Thompson

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Correct. The Cavs briefly had 4 on their roster (LBJ, Kyrie, Wiggins and Bennett) in the offseason, but they never played together

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I googled it, would have never guessed. Oops, I hope you were talking about old Yankee Stadium II.

Might help a little bit, but the last Yankee to hit a home run at old Yankee Stadium I in 1973, the first Yankee to homer at Yankee Stadium II in 1976, the last Yankee to homer at Yankee Stadium II in 2008 and the first Yankee to homer at Yankee Stadium III in 2009 all played catcher. Duke Sims, Thurman Munson, Mr. X and Jorge Posada.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I googled it, too. I remember him hitting it, but I forgot he had been the one to do it.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Also, I believe the Sixers had Iverson, Derrick Coleman and Glenn Robinson, and then Chris Webber, but Webber was acquired the same day Robinson was traded.

Draft saved Draft deleted