1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Hit for the home run cycle"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I think I did this playing intellivision baseball circa 1983.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Must be something that only happens in Arkansas. The Horne cycle happened with the Double-A Arkansas Travelers in 1998. The only time it's ever happened in organized professional baseball.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Juicing

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

She's listed on the roster as 6' 0". No weight given. She did it in four at bats. Had to be, because the game got mercy ruled.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Totally poetic coverage. Seven graphs?

And the story mentions she played at Arizona State a year ago. Why didn't she have to sit out?

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I've mentioned this on the board before, but Tino Martinez had the chance to do it on April 2, 1997. I remember catching that game late and the announcers mentioning that he hit a three-run homer, a two-run homer and then a solo shot. And then in the ninth he came up with the bases loaded, and I suddenly realized he could "homer for the cycle." He ended up drawing a walk for another RBI.

New York Yankees at Seattle Mariners Box Score, April 2, 1997 | Baseball-Reference.com

garrow and Vombatus like this.
  9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Fuck walks.

10. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

That’s not a requirement in any sport but football, men’s and women’s basketball, or ice hockey, I believe.

Oregon had to have open tryouts because so many transferred in the fall — once in-year transfers became allowed — when Mike White left for Texas.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Neutral Corner likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted