1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

History of the Eagles on Showtime

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I'm not saying it's a bad song. It could be a perfect song, I don't know. We all have things other people like that we happen to disdain. I just have a reaction to "Hotel California" that is not pleasant. I hate the entire sound of it. That's really the only way I can to think to describe it. I don't even know the lyrics; I just hate the sound. Jesus Christ could have whistled that melody directly into Glenn Frey's ear, and I would still hate the goddamn song. Just me.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I have zero opinion on The Eagles other than that particular song.

I happen to like Don Henley.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

laughable. the guy who would make love to michael jackson's corpse writes that.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

for being, like 12, you're an expert on pretty much everything, aren't you?

5. Colton

Colton Active Member

I know I'm late to this, but just caught the documentary. Not a huge fan of the band, but enjoyed learning the history of it, nonetheless.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm not an Eagles fan, but the documentary was interesting.
    Crazy long though. Should've cut least an hour out of it.

7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Saw ZZ Top for the first time last summer. Could not have been more disappointed. They played for a whopping 45 minutes, no encore. Thanks, guys. Now go fuck off.

As for the Eagles, saw them on the reunion tour and they were outstanding. Opened with Hotel California, which surprised me. Going to see them again in September.

The documentary was also outstanding. Sure Henley and Frey are arrogant pricks. But without them, there is no Eagles. They earned the extra cash.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Wow. Definitely not the ZZ Top of the old days.

9. Colton

Colton Active Member

Love the guitar in "Sharp Dressed Man." My favorite ZZ Top tune.

As for the Eagles, believe it or not, my favorite of theirs is "Seven Bridges Road." Amazing vocals.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

thoroughly enjoyed the doc. everyone seemed pretty open about the rocky stuff and reasons for the breakups. walsh especially. i forgive them all their overplayed crap thanks to the brilliance of 'hotel california,' an epic song with awesome guitar licks featuring walsh ve. felder.

and the show reminded why i was so head-over-heels in love with linda ronstadt. geez, was she hot. highly recommended for those who onlt know her post weight-gain. those big, dark eyes are to die for. and the voice, well, just superb.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Would love to see the Eagles live.

Love me some Eagles -- James Dean, Peaceful Easy Feeling, Life in the Fast Lane, Somebody, Heartache Tonight, Desperado, Lyin' Eyes, Seven Bridges Road, etc., etc. The unplugged version of Hotel California is beyond greatness.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Schmitt's vocals on I Can't Tell You Why are among the most amazing in rock history.

Draft saved Draft deleted